No Gym Required 🙂
Note: When I started naming this program by the week, it was April. It is now May. Oops!
The general outline is this:
- Bike/run 3 days per week
- Full body strength training 3 days per week
- Recovery day with easy yoga and maybe even some meditation
- Walking every day that is not a bike/run day
Here’s the Week 4 Cardio Workout Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday:
- 10 minute warmup – if running, just ease into a brisk walk. If biking, a pace you could sing or talk during 🙂
- Beginners – 4 intervals of 1:00 at a hard effort, then 1:00 rest between
- Intermediate – 5 intervals of 1:00 at hard effort, 1:00 rest between intervals. Then go easy for the rest of the ride/run/walk.
- 10 minutes easy return home, or if it’s nice, keep on going. On nice days I will easily be out for at least an hour. See what you can find in nature to take pictures of and share.
- Focus on your intervals when you’re doing them, but beyond that, focus on fun over speed. When I stop caring about how fast I’m walking a mile and start paying attention to birds, trees, my dogs, etc., my enjoyment factor goes way up.
Strength Training Monday/Wednesday/Friday:
- Warm up for 3-5 minutes doing jumping jacks, dancing to your favorite tunes, doing any PT types of exercises with bands that you know you should be doing (for me that is rotator cuff work), shoulder rolls, arm circles, back slaps, ballistic legs.
- 2 sets of 12-15 reps of the following with a 2 minute break between sets. Otherwise, keep it moving as you’re able! AND THEN do 1 more set of as many reps or as much time as you can handle!
- The last reps should be very difficult!
- Plank 45 seconds
- Pullups/inverted rows/band rows
- Hanging leg raise/reverse crunch
- Lunges (10 each side)
- Tricep dips
- Leg lift/side crunch combo
Instructional video for the exercises
Recovery Day Sunday:
- Total Body Yoga – Deep Stretch
- Free Coronavirus Sanity Guide
- Enjoy a sauna or an Epsom salt bath
- Journal on gratitude
- Stream a church service
- Get to know a foam roller
- Family game night??
This program is being provided free of charge. However, if you would like to donate (suggested donation $10-$20), you may do so here: paypal.me/tranquilsolemassage – Thank you!!
Join the Facebook group for free support and daily updates! Team Estrogen